Oh my goodness the 80’s are back!!! Say it ain’t so!
Take a deep breath, fashion is trending the 80’s but YOU get to choose how you incorporate this fashion trend into your personal style.
7 TIPS TO GUIDE YOU IN NAVIGATING YOUR OWN PERSONAL STYLE THIS SUMMER
- RAINBOW OF BRIGHT COLORS – Definitely take this fashion element in stride, you want make sure YOU are the first thing people see and not your outfit.
- GLITZY FABRICS, BIG SHOULDERS & STILETTOS – With all the color and prints coming on, keep your day wear filtered a bit and save the glitz & glam for night time. I know I know where do we go at night in Prescott! No…we’re not a metro community, but sometimes it just feels good to doll it up when you go out to dinner. Feel free to play with shiny fabrics, give your shoulders a boost, add a little flirt to your outfit! Don’t be afraid to add a belt that nips at your waist and the big crystal earrings.
- HEAD TO TOE FLORALS – Go FULL BLOOM with this, a bright floral dress, jacket or even your shoes. Florals & ruffles … Feel free!
- MIX & MATCH COLOR & STYLE – Accessorize to the MAX! No more matchy matchy…Mix it up and have fun! A bold waist length jacket and a graphic tee are just what you need.
- FABRICS THAT CREATE A LITTE BIT OF SHOW – Opaque fabrics that leave a little to the imagination. No bare skin and cleavage. Here’s where your inner flirt can come out.
- BLING BLING & MORE BLING – If your not a “HEY I’VE ARRIVED” personality, that’s ok. It’s ok to stay minimal, just add one or two accents. Don’t the the BLING scare you away! If your base outfit is minimal, add bright shoes or a bling belt. Textured fabric or ruching could be just the your inner fashionista ordered.
- HEAD TO TOE STRIPES – Choppy & print stripes, diagonal & color blocked stripes. Show your stripes and have fun! Make sure to add some bling to your stripes with your earrings, belt, shoes or purse.
The bottom line ladies is to take what you see…take the ideas you like and add them to your current closet. With each season, it’s always nice to freshen up your closet and let your OWN personal style SHINE!!!
Jamie, Owner SMARTgirls Resale Fashion.